Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Before and After

Much as a chef can envision the final result while staring a pile of raw ingredients, as a visual artist, I can see the finished work of art while looking at the raw ingredients in front of me. One such moment was while I was in Detroit at the abandoned Detroit Train Station. All the ingredients were there, the location under the rail over pass, the light spilling in through the holes above, and a bride and groom willing to indulge in my vision. The image that came out of the camera was cool and with a little enhancement made the slide show we played at the reception, however it was not my complete vision. With a little Photoshop magic, the end result is what I would imagine if Kincaid were lost in Detroit. Here are the images before and after the magic.





Click on the image to view a larger version. If you're viewing this on Facebook, visit our blog at http://cheslerphotography.blogspot.com to see the larger version.


No comments:

Post a Comment